Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Redhead with an attitude

Redhead, with attitude! Sitting at a table, outside a French café, Sipping wine, sporting a jaunty beret. “A lust for life”, your middle name, “Billy”, is your first. To travel, write, and hop a flight, You hunger, and thirst. Tapping at my funny bone. Making me laugh till I cry! Mr. Fleming, colleague, friend? You’re a really worthwhile guy! I yearned for many years, A bus driver like you, To write, and tell my tales And express my point of view. On an old brother typewriter, I wrote my first success. With your help and advice, My article went to press. Early on in our careers, We’d meet and share our woes. You, a mechanic in maintenance, Always were kept on your toes. I was a bus conductress, In love with a young French guy. Back then it was me in gay Paris, And I was flying high. Things have changed, I drive now. And you are a driver too. We’re both captains of our ships. Bygone are the days of bus crews. In front of my computer I smile, As I read an email from you. Before you left you promised, To send a photo or two. When I drive along each day, It’s people like you that I meet, Who remind and encourage me, that Sometimes life can be sweet. So thank you Mr. Fleming, My cheerful Bus driver friend! I hope the times you made me smile, remain with me to the end. By Angela Macari-O’Looney.

No comments:

Post a Comment